How to Live Less Stressfully
Adapted from Loving and Leaving the Good Life, by Helen
Nearing (Chelsea Green, 1993).
Cập nhật bởi Giáng Uyên, ngày 11-11-2006
The great pioneer of simple living, Helen Nearing, offers eleven wonderfully wise tips for living not only a less stressful life, but for living in a more connected and organic way.
Her tips really work: she lived to be 91, and her husband Scott to be 100. Find out the simple principles for Living the Good Life, right here:
1. Do the best you can, whatever arises.
2. Be at peace with yourself.
3. Find a job you enjoy.
4. Live in simple conditions; housing, food, clothing; get rid of clutter.
5. Contact nature every day; feel the earth under your feet.
6. Take physical exercise through hard work; through gardening or walking.
7. Don’t worry; live one day at a time.
8. Share something every day with someone else; if you live alone, write someone; give something away; help someone else somehow.
9. Take time to wonder at life and the world; see some humor in life where you can.
10. Observe the one life in all things.
11. Be kind to the creatures.